There are two ways to use WhatsApp on your preferred Chromebook, desktop, or laptop. To communicate with friends and family, you can use either the desktop version of WhatsApp or its website. Users using Windows and Mac can easily download the WhatsApp app.
Without a browser, WhatsApp can be used on a desktop. Download WhatsApp Desktop from the Microsoft Store, Apple App Store, or WhatsApp website to install it on your PC. Only computers running the compatible versions of the following operating systems will support WhatsApp Desktop:
- MAC 10.11 or later
- Windows version 10.1 or later
You may use WhatsApp Web in your browser on all other operating systems.
- Install WhatsApp Desktop on your computer.
- Visit the Microsoft Store for apps.
- To install the app, download it and then follow the installation instructions.
- Get WhatsApp for desktop.
- Go to the WhatsApp Download page in the browser on your computer, and then download the.exe or.dmg file.
- Open the.exe or.dmg file after the download is finished, then follow the installation instructions to finish.