Total Commander works as an alternative file manager for all Windows products for copying, moving, and deleting the files like Windows Explorer. It offers some additional features; packing or unpacking of files, accepting the FTP server, comparing the content of files, and much more.
It was created with the name Windows commander from 1993 to 2002 but was changed in 2002 when Microsoft point out the word “Windows” was used as their trademark. Additionally, the tool can be installed with all plugins to a USB stick and allows you to use it for multiple devices anytime. But it can’t copy the programs to the USB which are linked through the button bar.
Total Commander File Viewer
The tool works like a file viewer for watching the ZIP or RAR format including Tapes, AVI, MP3, FLV, and so on. Select the file for downloading right from the server, view it in the browser, and read it on your computer easily. You can preview the file before saving it or displaying it on a Web page. Use the drag and drop feature for viewing the entire directory tree.
Support Windows Server
The FTP client supports a Windows Server which enables you to run a full-featured and effective file manager and save your time and physical effort. You can download it from the given link with a free download option. The FTP client offers multiple features; supports a built-in printer for printing PDF files, online/offline backup, auto-schedule for group tasks, email notification, protects Windows firewall, Windows updates, and much more.
Multiple customization options are available for you to change the interface according to your need or wish. You can manipulate files quickly, easily edit them, copy, move, or delete them, along with the capability of creating new folders. Simply enable the sync process of files, change colors, fonts, and size of icons, and a lot more. Additionally, set the toolbar only for the features which are frequently in use, add shortcuts for external apps, the addition of notepad by default also makes your writing work more reliable.
Integrated Search Engine & File Archiver
Avoid bothering of searching any required files one by one. Just open an integrated search engine which will be open in a new small window. It will enable you to configure searching material. Write the name and location of the required file, and wait for a few seconds, the required content will be open in front of you. Moreover, an integrated file Archiver is available for you to save your most critical files. You can save the files separately into split parts or combine them and even use a different algorithm for encoding them.
The Total Commander with shareware license for Windows 32-bit operating system of a laptop and PC, presented for all software users as a free trial for a specific period, free download with potential restrictions. It is belonging to the general category and was developed by Christian Ghisler.
Multiple Configuration Options
On completing the installation process, open the program, it will ask you about the use of the icon library. You need to configure the app before starting working on it. Here are some main parts that need to be configured;
- Open the app’s main window and enable the TC option for showing the system files.
- Enable TC to show overlay icons of synchronization tools for indicating the status of file.
- Configure the file extensions for displaying if filename directly from Tabstops section.
- Configure the Folder Tabs for opening the new tab next to the current tab.
- The language can be switched between, as you can switch from English to your own language.
- Open the “Operation” section, and change the mouse selection mode to the Windows standard.
- Configuration of Edit/View section is also possible according to your choice. You can change the built-in Viewer to any other if you want. Use the Visual Studio Code as Editor for bringing up any file by pressing any function tab.
- In Quick Search section just write few characters of any file or directory and find them easily.
- Configuration of Zip packer by using maximum compression is possible from Zip Pack section.
- Multiple default keyboard shortcuts are available in Total Commander, but you can improve them by redefining the hotkeys.
Compatible with Windows
With vary compatibility with all types of devices, the app has special compatibility with all types of Windows———-Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP is mainly operating systems to run the app very smoothly and reliably. In addition, it requires a 32-bit and 64-bit setup.
The installation process is very simple and quick. You can install the program by using some additional options like multi-language support, INI file location, and so on. The layout looks new, sleek, and powerful.
- File Viewer
- Support Windows Server
- Integrated Search Engine & File Archiver
- Easy Access
- Multiple Configuration Options
- Compatible with Windows
- A traditional dual-pane interface with drag and drop option
- Installation Process